3. get going! put rails to work
return to workshops overview page
- E-mail integration with Rails
- Using the Mailer model generator
- Anatomy of a Rails e-mail method
- Configuring your app to send good e-mail
- E-Mail Views use eRb, too
- Going Web 2.0, with AJAX
- Remote links
- Remote forms
- Using RJS for View templates
- Special effects!
- Controlling your URL flow with Routes
- Rails has integrated testing
- What's so special about testing?
- Unit tests and fixtures for your business logic
- Functional tests for your views and application logic
- Integration testing to tie it all together
- Refactoring and Test-Driven Development
- Moving from Development to Production
- Looking at the Production environment
- What the heck is FastCGI?
- Can my Rails app scale?
- Subversion -- keeping your code under control
- Capistrano -- automating your apps deployment